2017 Community Hymn Festival
Sunday, October 29 | 3:00pm | First Baptist Church (401 Gateway Ave.)
This celebratory service of word and song features anthems by the combined festival choir, the Chattanooga Boys Choir, and pieces combining the two groups. The service will also include vibrant congregational singing, instrumentalists, and a brief message emphasizing and celebrating the role of music in worship delivered by Eric Nelson, Artistic Director of the Atlanta Master Chorale, Director of Choral Studies at Emory Univeristy, and noted choral omposer.
The event is FREE to all to participate, and entire choirs and individuals are invited to participate as part of the fesitval choir. The only requirement is that you secure and prepare the repertoire in advance of the event.
9/27 Hymn Festival Update Letter (PDF)
Please click HERE for updated information on for participants in this year's CBC Community Hymn Festival.
Festival Choir Repertoire
- Let Us Talents and Tongues Employ / arr. Bradley Ellingboe, Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.8833)
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing / arr. Roland Martin, St. James Music Press (permission secured by CBC)
This arrangement is provided to all participating singers and churches compliments of the Chattanooga Boys Choir - look below under FESTIVAL CHOIR RESOURCES to access this.
- There Is a Balm in Gilead / arr. William Dawson, Neil Kjos Music (KJ.T105)
- Children of the Heavenly Father / arr. Eric Nelson, MorningStar Music (MSM-50-6085)
- Hail the Day That Sees Him Rise / arr. Mack Wilberg, Oxford University Press (9780193391727)
The alternate text “Praise the Lord! His glories show…” (included in the octavo) will be used for the hymn festival.
Festival Choir Resources
Festival Choir Schedule
Saturday, October 28 - 10:00am-12:30pm, rehearsal
Sunday, October 29 - 2:00pm call; 3:00pm program
- Sunday program attire: white top, black bottom (pants, skirt)
Festival Program Draft
Program draft, revised 25 September 2017 (PDF)